Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grape Vines




One side of our backyard is lined with grapevine. I love the grapevine, it's so pretty in the summer and I've dried the vines every year to put on my Christmas tree. The funny thing is we've lived here for 5 years and last year was the first year we discovered the right time to eat the grapes. So this year I decided to do something with the grapes instead of wasting them.
Hailey loves to pick the grapes! She always has, she used to eat them even when they were sour (now she knows only to pick the dark ones.)
For family night last night we had a good time picking all the grapes that were ripe. Then we pulled the stems off and got them ready for grape juice. Unfortunately it was 8:30 before we knew it and we didn't even have all the stems off. (there must be a better way to do that) So we'll be finishing up today, I'm excited to see how the juice turns out.
We also discovered that we have two different vines out there, the other one has green grapes. I think we may try to make raisins, we'll see how domestic I'm feeling.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to see all the pictures of the fun things you did last week. What a cute family you have. I love you all so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete