Monday, September 6, 2010

Canning Peaches








I have to start by saying that I didn't grow up doing much canning, I really didn't know much about it. I have learned to really appreciate it, the food is so much better!

My mother-in-law is the queen of canning. She is amazing, not only does she grow all the veggis she also cans a lot of them. Today we canned peaches, unfortunately we don't have a peach tree so we had to buy the peaches, they are deliscious! Jeri was nice enough to let me can them with her at her house. It's always nice to have someone who really knows what they are doing. We had a lot of fun.

One other thing I have to say is that Hailey is growing up! She was a wonderful helper, I really mean it. She pealed a good portion of the peaches and loved helping put them in. She is so sweet every peach she pealed was the most beautiful color or the biggest or the smallest peach she had ever seen. She really was a joy to have as a little helper!

I'm so lucky to have a great mother-in-law who is willing to share her talents with me.

3 comments:

  1. what a great tradition! By the way you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute canning girls you two are!!!!Those peaches are BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look so yummy, I wish I knew how to can, and I wish I had a garden. Anyway you guys look so good for having just camped, thanks again for going, it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete