Monday, July 26, 2010

Deep Breaths

I want to take a minute to say that I am grateful for deep breaths.

I was on the phone today and unlike most this was an important phone call so I was trying to pay attention to the person on the other end and not paying much attention to my mischievous children. I noticed that they had a box of cheerios out and Hailey had a plastic bowl for each of them, they were sharing nicely so even though they were starting to make a small mess, on the floor I just mopped this morning, I let them continue. The mess was getting bigger and bigger by the time I got off the phone every inch of my Kitchen, living room and hall were covered in cheerios and those two adorable girls were running while pushing a stroller and crushing the cheerios to powder, I must add that they were having the time of their lives. I was tempted to yell, but thankfully I took a deep breath instead and told Hailey that she was so lucky I was finally going to let her use the broom. We turned on primary music and started sweeping as Aida tried as hard as she could to undo our hard work. I took Aida in a different room and when I came back Hailey was Sweeping and singing Follow the Prophet. It was so sweet to listen to.

This is not how things always turn out at our house so don't get the idea that I'm always calm and thoughtful, in fact Hailey had timeout this morning and screamed through the majority of it, but I'm grateful that this time I took a minute to breath before I talked. Otherwise I would have missed out on that sweet moment.

I'm also grateful for primary and the sweet songs they teach our children, Hailey loves those songs and sings them all the time.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet is that...so glad you put those feelings into words, you are a great mom and those little girls are blessed to have you. Keep up the amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wish you would have taken a picture of that! You are such a sweet mom, I love your tiny girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Krista
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!
    I hope you have had an extra nice day today. I've been thinking about you and Molly Jo all day long.
    SLY
    Auntie Rob

    ReplyDelete