Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Unfortunately my camera batteries are dead and I never remember to buy new ones so...no pictures today but I thought I would share this story anyway.

Hailey has been planting seeds with Matt, she even planted some at school and they have all been growing. So she's learned a few things about how to grow something. Basically you need dirt, water and sunshine and you can grow almost anything. Last week Hailey was watering her seeds and she kept coming inside for more water I thought for sure she had drowned the seeds with all the water so I went out to see what she was up to. The seeds looked fine...so where was all the water going? Hailey came out with another cup of water and walked right over to her cute pink trike and dumped the cup of water in the trunk. I thought she was just messing around, when I asked her what she was doing she said that she was growing her bike. It's getting a bit small for her and she thought if she took care of it just like the seeds it would grow. I told her that maybe she could just ask for one for her birthday and she promptly said "I don't need to, I'm growing one." The next couple of days it rained quite a bit, Hailey thought for sure that would help her bike, but when she went out to check on it she was quite disappointed to find that it looked exactly the same as when she started. She was a bit frustrated that the bike didn't grow like the seeds did, now she'll have to ask for one for her birthday.

She's such a fun little girl, it's great to see that she is learning and thinking for herself.

4 comments:

  1. That is darling! I wish we could grow lots of things. We could save a lot of money if we could "just add water." I think Hailey is on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun when they start applying what you are teaching them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! She is a funny little girl! I sure love her! LYLani

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little girl! Glad you got that story in print forever. It will be fun to share it with her in a few years.

    ReplyDelete