Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mia

I've been wanting to do this post for a long time, but it took me this long to figure out how to upload pictures from my phone.  And I was hoping the right words would come, it's still so sad that I don't know quite what to say.  These are pictures of Aida with her friend Mia, they were perfect little friends, they always played so well together and enjoyed every moment.  Mia died in October and I have been trying to explain things to Aida ever since.  Some days she seems to understand that Mia is not coming back and that she is with Heavenly Father and Jesus, we've talked a lot about the plan of Salvation.  Then just when I think she understands she starts asking when Mia will get to come back to her family.  Today we were in the grocery store and out of the blue she started asking about Mia again, I'm out of answers for her I don't know how else to explain it.  I guess it's going to be a long time before she will really understand.  Every time the commercial where they show a smokers heart comes on she asks when Mia will get her heart back.  Sometimes she tells me she wants to go be with Mia and Jesus, it's so hard to know what to say when she says something like that, we talk about how it's permanent and that she couldn't come back.  So instead of playing with her we look at her mom's blog and watch videos of her and look at pictures.  I'm so glad that Aida had such a sweet wonderful friend, they had so much fun.  We miss Mia, because of her we are constantly learning about the Plan of Salvation.  I'm so grateful to have the knowledge we have about what happens after we die, what would I do if I didn't know the answer to all the questions Aida has about how things work?

Here are some of my favorite memories of these two girls.
Mia lived at the end of our street, one of Aida's favorite things to do was drive down in the jeep to pick her up or drop her off after playing.  They would both have huge smiles on their faces of pure delight (how many 4 year olds get to pick up their play date in a purple jeep?)





I love this picture, it totally captures their friendship.  They both thought they were so funny and were thrilled with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment