Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hailey's 5th Birthday Party

Hailey had her first Birthday party with friends, and I'm not sure she'll ever settle for just a family party again. What could be more fun than 12 5 year old kids running around?

She really wanted a princess party, but she also wanted to invite boys so....we decided to go for a wonderland party. It was a lot of fun.



We had a "Mad Hatters Hat Shoppe" where the kids made silly hats out of grocery bags.



Opi made an amazing pinjata. Hailey wanted a unicorn, I would have told her tough luck, Opi was so sweet and made the perfect unicorn. The pinjata was definately the hit of the party. Everyone had fun swinging a croquet mallet at it.
































Here's Hailey in the hat she made opening some of


the fun presents she got.


















































































Hailey saw these candles at the store and knew they were meant for her...she said "Mom, that candle is a 5 and I'm turning 5 can we buy it?" it was the dollar store so I said yes and she was thrilled. They made a nice topper to the mad hatter's hat cake.

























































A little side note. Aida loves to be a little helper, or I could also say destroyer. As soon as I walked away from the fondant (luckily I had already cut out what I needed) Aida pulled a chair over to the counter and started rolling out what was left, and of course did a little taste test. I don't remember Hailey being quite so adventureous, Aida can get to anything!


































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment