Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Big Girl Bed



Aida is in a big girl bed now which means we had to do some re-arranging which led to re-doing their room. It all started with the quilts Lani and I made over the coarse of 2010, we had so much fun getting together every month to work on them. This was my first pieced quilt and it sure was a lot of work, but totally worth it. Thankfully I only had to do one of them.



















That led to making "PollyAnna" Raggedy Ann dolls for the girls for Christmas. They have loved them so much they've even put chapstick on their cute little faces, you can still see the remains.




























I thought I could stop there, but no such luck. Curtains, jewelry boxes, dust ruffles, pillows, an old window to help a new reader, and a runner for the dresser and now I am done

The girls love it and I can't help but stop and stand in the doorway when I walk by.

5 comments:

  1. It is absolutely ADORABLE!!! You are amazing and they are such lucky little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your girls room! You are AMAZING! I loved getting to make the quilts with you! LYLani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I can see why you would stop and just look. Ahhhh, what a beautiful room and the quilts are ...well, the quilts are amazing. So beautiful. They make me want to make on exactly like it for my big king size bed. I really need to make some of those dolls soon. How CUTE. LOVE ALL OF IT. What a cute room for two adorable and sweet girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cuter room!! Great work on the quilts, that is awesome you can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Their bedroom is darling! You are amazing. Love the quilts and the dolls.

    ReplyDelete