Saturday, November 20, 2010

Aida is growing up


This was the only picture I could find that I haven't already put on here, but doesn't she look like a big girl?
I still think of Aida as a baby, she doesn't talk much and for some reason that one little thing has made her seem so little to us.
She turned into a "big girl" and we didn't even know it. On Thursday after being in her crib for her nap for maybe fifteen minutes she came walking down the hall so proud of herself....she had escaped the crib. When I told Matt he was sure that she couldn't get out of the crib by herself, but Hailey was with me the whole time, so then he thought I had probably forgotten to put her in her crib. (really?)
Bed time came and this time Hailey was in the room too. Aida made her escape again, only not quite as successfully. This time she did get a little hurt. Hailey said that Aida just leaned over the top of the crib grabbed onto the bars from the outside and flipped over. A little dangerous! at 8:00 at night Matt took down the crib and we started a long night of putting Aida back on the mattress (not fun). I wasn't quite ready for her to be a big girl in a big girl bed, she was so great at taking naps in her crib.
Yesterday morning we switched the beds out and now the girls have matching big girl beds. Aida actually took a great nap in her bed, I only had to put her back in once. Last night didn't go quite as well, but it was better than the night before. She was asleep by 9:30 a whole hour and 15 minutes earlier than the night before.
I just had to share that my baby is growing up.

1 comment: